Wednesday 18 June 2014

WEARING: Pink to make the boys wink


















The Outfit:
Shirt - Next
Skirt - Topshop
Kimono - River Island
Sunglasses - Ebay

With the sun going strong today, it felt right that pink should be my choice of colour today! 

I brought this pink skirt around 6 months ago and to be honest I wasn't mad about it. This is probably only the third time I have worn it however it is a grower; the colour is so eccentric and my eyes are immediately drawn to it. I definitely think this is something that should be worn in the summer as the sun just makes it look 100% better!

As I come close to leaving Next, it seemed only smart that I should use my discount one last time. This crisp white shirt is a perfect piece of clothing and should be mandatory that women own. Not only is it utterly versatile but it is effortlessly cool as well. In the not so distant future, I will do a blog post on how to style it. 

When wearing the same colour top and bottom, as I am with my skirt and kimono, it is important that if they are not a set that the colours are not the same shade else the palette of colours used can look off and not compliment your outfit!

I had sleepless nights over this kimono. I originally saw it online and was desperate to have it. After umming and ahhing over it (because of the cost) I decided that it was a matter of life or death if I didn't own it! Anyone that knows me can defend the point that I LOVE kimonos. Not only do they look good on anybody, they add an element of elegance to any outfit and can turn something that would usually look quite plain, look incredibly eccentric! I love the velvet lining along the sleeves and body. I wear a kimono probably 4/7 days in a week and they can be easily teamed with skirts, jumpsuit, jeans, shorts, the lot. If you haven't looked at River Island's collection then bag yourself one!

The sunglasses were some that I brought last year and are always my 'go to' glasses whenever it's sunny. They are perfect because as someone who finds sunglass shopping a chore, surprisingly compliment any face shape and for only £2.49 (+ FREE P&P!!) you would be a fool to turn them down. With the white buttoned shirt and pink skirt, the glasses definitely add to that 80's feel. 

To finish this look off, I would add either a monochrome or purple clutch, depending on whether I am wearing the kimono. 

Thanks for reading!

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment